The PlaidLink Agent works in conjunction with the PlaidCloud service. The PlaidLink Agent provides the connection necessary to operate with systems not accessible directly such as databases and file systems. The agent performs a number of essential actions including:
- Reading and writing to databases
- Reading and writing files to network drives and servers
- Checking for sensor conditions
- Interacting with SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA through Remote Function Calls (RFCs)
- Interacting with SAP Profitability and Cost Management (PCM)
- Sending messages and notifications to remote systems
Create an Agent on PlaidCloud
PlaidLink Agent management takes place within the Analyze tab of PlaidCloud. The first step is to create a new PlaidLink Agent instance on PlaidCloud.
To create a new PlaidLink Agent
- Select the Analyze tab
- Select the tools menu from the top
- Click PlaidLink Agents
- Create a new Agent with an appropriate name for the environment or server that it will be installed on for remote operations
To view the Agent public and private keys
- Click on the edit icon to view the form
- At the bottom of the form you will find the public and private keys that were randomly generated during the Agent creation process
To randomly generate new keys
- Click on the Regenerate icon for the Agent record
- Once the keys are regenerated, don’t forget to update the agent configuration file with the new keys on the remote server.
Document Account Access
If the agent will need to have access to a Document account for uploading or downloading files, it must be granted permission to access the Document account.
To grant account access
- In the Document tab select Manage Accounts
- Once the table of accounts appears, click on the agent icon for the account which the new Agent should have upload/download rights
- Drag the new agent into the Assigned Agents column
- Save the access control form.
Data Connection Access
If the agent will need to have access to a data connection such as a database, it must be granted permission to access the external data connection information.
To grant connection access
- In the Analyze tab select the Tools menu
- Click External Data Connections
- Once the table of data connections appears, click on the agent icon for the connection, which the new Agent should have usage rights
- Drag the new agent into the Assigned Agents column and save the access control form.
Next Step: Installing PlaidLink (Agent) on a Remote System
Follow these Installation Instructions to install PlaidLink on the remote system.